Emanuel Ringers

The Emanuel Ringers is part of the music ministry from Emanuel Lutheran Church in Pleasantville, New York. This handbell group is comprised of ringers ranging from 8 and up. We ring on 5 octaves of Schulmerich handbells and 7 octaves of Malmark handchimes. We welcome all who want to learn how to ring, you do not have to be a member of the church to participate. Contact Eiko at emanuelringers@gmail.com for more information about our Music Ministry at Emanuel

Monday, July 28, 2014

Packing and Final Preparations: 7/27/14

It’s the final sprint to our trip now.  We had a couple of great rehearsals and packed up the bells.  Now it’s time to finish our shopping for items to take with us and pack up our luggage.  

Deciding what to pack is always one of the hardest decisions for me.  I don’t want to take too much but want  to be prepared for different situations.  In the end I’m sure I’ll have everything I need and if I don’t I might be able to borrow from someone else or wing it.  Much of this travel anxiety I think comes from the unknown of travelling to new places.  It’s exciting and at the same time a little scary.  These feelings are especially heightened by travelling to a foreign country.  I’m not sure but some of the kids going with us may not have been out of the United States before.  At least I had never been out of the country at their age.  

I imagine we will all have some interesting experiences in our travels and hopefully make new friends as well as reconnect with friends .  This trip would not be possible without the planning and coordination by our directors Eileen , Eiko, & Abi.  A huge thank you to all of them!  They have crossed their T’s and dotted their I’s to make this trip happen and for it to be as smooth and successful as possible.  

Now get me on the plane so I can get some sleep and relax before our two week marathon through South Korea!  

Author: Leslie Wickham

No comments:

Post a Comment